We’re having another photo contest, this time for Fiona Fei’s, Impostor! We cannot wait to see your amazing contributions!
Details are as follows:
5,000L – Grand Prize
2,000L – Best Avatar(s) Photo
2,000L – Best Scenery photo
1,000L – Honorable Mention
The Sim Quarterly hosts different artists every three months to showcase their sim-wide, creative art works in SL. The Artist in Residence is a creator and dreamer who has built an experience for the SL community! This quarter (March 1 – May 31) FionaFei brings us “Impostor” (for more info grab the NC at the landing point).
Photo contest rules:
- You must be a member of the The Sim Quarterly Flickr group and submit your entry to that group with #ImpostorPhotoContest in the title in addition to your title. See below for Flickr group link.
- All entries must contain a SLurl to The Sim Quarterly. SLurl below.
- Photos must be taken and submitted during the the contest dates. Photos taken prior to or after those dates will not be accepted.
- The content of the photos can be anything you like as long as it’s clear the photo was taken at the installment, Impostor, at The Sim Quarterly and adheres to The Sim Quarterly’s region rules. This rule is subjective and it’s up to the judges’ discretion to determine this. Photos taken from other installations at The Sim Quarterly or at other works by Fiona’s will not be accepted.
- Each person may submit up to two photos to the contest. You may submit as many photos you like to the group during and after the contest period, but only two for the contest. If a person submits more than two photos with #ImpostorPhotoContest in the title, only the first two photos submitted will be accepted unless requested otherwise.
- If you wish to rez any objects to assist with your photo, The Sim Quarterly is a free-to-join group that allows rezzing (and set home to here.) There is a group joiner at the entrance. Please be kind and pick up any rezzed objects after you are finished. Rezzed objects not in use will be returned and should appear in your lost and found – The Sim Quarterly is not responsible for lost items (see The Sim Quarterly rules – given to you at the landing point).
- Photos do not need to be submitted to any category. It will be up to the judges to decide which category each photo fits best. As such, “Best Scenery Photo” doesn’t mean it can’t include avatars, and “Best Avatar(s) Photo” doesn’t mean it can only include avatars.
- A photo can only win one category, so if the photo includes both action and scenery, the judges will decide which category to consider it for. This also applies to the grand prize, which is what we determine to be the best of the bunch.
- Winners will be announced within 10 days of the contest ending, and we will likely have a party!
Have fun- enjoy exploring – Fiona is making this a living installation, and you will start to see new items appearing on the sim periodically.
Best of luck to everyone, and happy snapping!
The Sim Quarterly Flickr Group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/thesimquarterly/
The Sim Quarterly Second Life Group: secondlife:///app/group/3d893674-889a-94bb-712f-35f6ccc5a2e1/about (copy/paste in world and click to join)
Contest details also available in world at The Sim Quarterly’s landing spot.